The ultimate general-purpose Contact Adhesive that is a toolbox essential. Offers fast, flexible and permanent bonding - one of the best bonding agents for durability. It can be used for bonding almost anything but is especially useful for non-porous materials (e.g. glass, metal, hard plastics) that other adhesives can’t glue together. Genkem Contact Adhesive offers good brushability for easy application in hard to reach places. In its wet form, it will stick to a variety of surfaces, and in its tacky to dry form, it will only stick to itself. Once adhered, it is nearly impossible to rip apart.
SUITABLE FOR USE ON:
• Wood, processed boards, masonite, plywood, veneer, floor coverings, foam, canvas, leather, felt, cloth, linoleum, glass, metal, rubber, cork and some plastics
• Ideal for hobby crafts, shoe repair, leather work, decorative work and general DIY projects
NOT SUITABLE FOR USE ON:
• Certain plastics such as polystyrenes and sheet vinyl
HANDY HINTS & TIPS
• For a professional finish to wood veneers, Iron it gently with a warm domestic iron after the veneers have been bonded. This will produce a smooth finish and ensure the best overall bond.
• Always stir Genkem Contact Adhesive well before use.
• Clamping bonded parts will always improve the bond. With thin or flexible substrates, place the bonded article between two sheets of wood, or metal thick enough to resist bending and then clamp these firmly together. If possible, leave it for 24 hours before attempting to use it.
• Check whether enough adhesive has been spread over the area, once the adhesive is dry, as it should have a glossy uniform.
• Genkem Contact Cleaner can be used to clean spills, tools and the removal of excess glue.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
• Caution: This product contains ingredients that are hazardous.
• In case of accidental contact with eyes or skin, wash the affected area with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
• This product is harmful if swallowed. Do not induce vomiting; call your local poison centre or doctor.
• Deliberate misuse by inhalation of any product containing solvents without adequate ventilation may cause eye watering, weakness, fatigue, nausea, headache or dizziness.