Carpenter's Cold Glue
Genkem Carpenter’s Cold Glue is a Polyvinyl Acetate Emulsion adhesive, designed for use on all types of woods, e.g. softwoods such as pine, hardwoods such as imbuia, oak or meranti, processed boards such as hardboard or chipboard, etc. It is also suitable for bonding leather, felt, cloth and paper products.
• Produces a clear glue line when dry.
• Suitable for use on a variety of substrates
• “Stronger than Wood”
• Not suitable for exterior use.
• Adhesive container should be kept closed when not in use as it will cause a skin on the surface, and may cause the product to dry out.
• Ensure good ventilation during application.
HANDY HINTS & TIPS
• Coating both surfaces to be glued gives stronger, more reliable results than only applying glue to one surface.
• Genkem Carpenter’s Cold Glue will set quicker and produce a stronger bond if used at a temperature around 25°.
• When using G-clamps, especially on soft wood or rounder sections, pad the surfaces of the clamp where it bears on the wood, to stop it from denting the timber.
• Clean moist adhesive with damp cloth, before it dries. Equipment can be cleaned with warm, soapy water.
• The moisture content of the wood is extremely important when gluing.
• Pressing time, known as clamping time, is very import as well as the pressure applied during application.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• In case of accidental contact with eyes or skin, wash the affected area with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
• This product is harmful if swallowed. Do not induce vomiting, call your local poison centre or doctor.