Carpenter's Cold Glue
Genkem Carpenter’s Cold Glue creates a bond that is stronger than wood. This versatile adhesive is designed for use on softwood, hardwood or processed board and it can also be used in scholastic applications. It is a ready-for-use, water-based, PVA adhesive that offers a long open assembly time.
SUITABLE FOR USE ON:
• General wood working applications
• Leather, felt, cloth, cardboard and paper
NOT SUITABLE FOR USE ON:
• Exterior applications
• Produces a clear glue line when dry.
• Suitable for use on a variety of substrates
• “Stronger than Wood”
HANDY HINTS & TIPS
• Coating both surfaces to be glued gives stronger, more reliable results than only applying glue to one surface.
• Genkem Carpenter’s Cold Glue will set quicker and produce a stronger bond if used at a temperature around 25°.
• When using G-clamps, especially on soft wood or rounder sections, pad the surfaces of the clamp where it bears on the wood, to stop it from denting the timber.
• Clean moist adhesive with damp cloth, before it dries. Equipment can be cleaned with warm, soapy water.
• The moisture content of the wood is extremely important when gluing.
• Pressing time, known as clamping time, is very import as well as the pressure applied during application.
HEALTH & SAFETY
• In case of accidental contact with eyes or skin, wash the affected area with plenty of water and seek medical advice.
• This product is harmful if swallowed. Do not induce vomiting, call your local poison centre or doctor.